Understand the key factors that enhance employee motivation and engagement
The methods used by organisations in an attempt to motivate their employees and increase their engagement levels are extensive.
This course will provide an in-depth understanding of these key concepts and explore how theory and research can increase and/or maintain them.
You’ll gain insight into intrinsic and extrinsic motivation, and critically evaluate a wide range of motivation theories. You’ll also examine the link between motivation, job satisfaction and employee engagement, and discover how motivation can be enhanced through the process of job redesign.
- Employee motivation
- Intrinsic vs extrinsic motivation
- Theories of motivation – a critical review
- Managing motivation in organisations
- Motivation through job redesign
- The CARE model
- Job satisfaction
- Employee engagement
- The multi-level impact of motivation, job satisfaction and employee engagement
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the two main forms of motivation at work
- Explain motivational theories and explain the key motivational factors for employees
- Describe the concept of job redesign and debate its use in enhancing employee motivation
- Describe the concept of job satisfaction and explain how it can be managed in organisations
- Explore approaches to employee engagement and identify ways in which it may be increased
- Discuss the multi-level impact of motivation, job satisfaction and employee engagement in organisations
Who is the course for?
This course is for people who wish to know the various factors that influences engagement and motivation of employees within organisations, with an overview of related theories and empirical research.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.
Join the conversation on social media
You can use the hashtag #employeemotivation to talk about this course on social media.