The global rising demand for a stable energy supply requires flexible energy storage. On this course you will learn about the most promising energy storage technologies, such as batteries, and how they can affect the future of the transportation and power sectors.
You will examine the benefits of using battery energy storage for industrial products – underground mining – and in mobility. You will also discover the lithium-ion battery production supply chain and manufacturing process. In line with current advancements in battery technologies, this course mostly focuses on lithium-ion batteries.
- The importance of energy storage
- Needs for energy storage and storage alternatives
- Energy storage in the power and transportation sectors
- Energy storage and our energy future
- Large scale lithium-ion battery production
- Supply chain and battery manufacturing process of lithium-ion batteries
- Application of battery storage in underground mining
- The business case of electrification for underground mining
- Environmental considerations of battery-powered machines for underground mining
- Current electric vehicle market
- Charging infrastructure
- New electric vehicle business models
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply knowledge of current and future developments in energy storage and how they can affect the power and transportation sectors
- Describe the supply chain in large-scale lithium-ion battery production and assess whether the resources are enough to sustain the energy transition
- Develop new knowledge on the Li-ion battery industry
- Identify financial benefits of battery energy storage solutions in underground mining
- Reflect on the relation between underground mining and its environmental impact
- Describe the current worldwide electric vehicle market, including the price and range development, major players in EV battery market and current evolution (growth) in EV manufacturing
- Identify different types of EV charging and evaluate growth trends of European charging infrastructure
- Describe new business models based on EV battery as energy storage solution (vehicle-to-home and vehicle-to-grid scenarios)
Who is the course for?
This course is for professionals and postgraduate academics with energy, business, financial, economic and engineering backgrounds, but anyone interested in developing their knowledge of energy storage and enhancing their professional development (from policy makers to management consultants) might find it useful.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLBatteryRevolution to talk about this course on social media.