Battery Storage: Understanding the Battery Revolution
Learn about the importance of energy storage
What is energy storage, and why is it so important? On this course, you will learn about the most promising energy storage technologies, such as batteries, and how they can affect the future of the transportation and power sectors.
As you’ll see, the rising global demand for a stable energy supply requires flexible energy storage.
Discover how battery technology can help
Change is happening fast in the field of energy storage. As our technology develops, the need for effective ways to store energy is evident. With this course, you’ll learn how advancements in battery technologies can help address these needs.
Explore the present and future of batteries
As you work your way through this course, you’ll examine how the battery revolution is already underway, and what this means for our society and the environment.
As well as understanding batteries and how they’re used today, you’ll also explore what the future of energy storage might look like.
Examine emerging markets using battery storage
You will examine the benefits of using battery energy storage for industrial products – underground mining – and in mobility. You will also take a closer look at the lithium-ion battery production supply chain and manufacturing process.
In line with current advancements in new battery technology, this course mostly focuses on lithium-ion batteries. You’ll explore their impact on the electric vehicle market, as well as at grid and home level.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply knowledge of current and future developments in energy storage and how they can affect the power and transportation sectors
- Describe the supply chain in large-scale lithium-ion battery production and assess whether the resources are enough to sustain the energy transition
- Develop new knowledge on the Li-ion battery industry
- Identify financial benefits of battery energy storage solutions in underground mining
- Reflect on the relation between underground mining and its environmental impact
- Describe the current worldwide electric vehicle market, including the price and range development, major players in EV battery market and current evolution (growth) in EV manufacturing
- Identify different types of EV charging and evaluate growth trends of European charging infrastructure
- Describe new business models based on EV battery as energy storage solution (vehicle-to-home and vehicle-to-grid scenarios)
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at professionals and postgraduate academics with energy, business, financial, economic and engineering backgrounds. However, anyone interested in developing their knowledge of energy storage and battery technology to enhance their professional development (from policymakers to management consultants) might find it useful.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.