Weekly study4 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Fashion Management: Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Sustainability
Explore the importance of sustainability in fashion
On this final course in this Fashion Management ExpertTrack, you’ll have the opportunity to consider the future of fashion, examining what it means to be entrepreneurial in fashion, and how to create a sustainable fashion business.
By the end of the course you’ll be able to understand issues around sustainability in fashion, describe traceability in the industry, and know the world of fashion tech and startups.
Describe how sustainability affects the business of fashion
You’ll consider the logistics of what it means to create a sustainable fashion business – and understand why it matters to begin with.
Studying real-world examples, you’ll be able to show why sustainability matters for fashion businesses’ bottom lines.
Learn how to apply entrepreneurial skills to fashion
Entrepreneurship is crucial to business success in fashion. On this course, you’ll identify what entrepreneurship looks like in the world of fashion.
You’ll get into the specificities of what fashion entrepreneurship means, as well as study emerging brands and other examples of entrepreneurial spirit in the industry.
Explore what fashion’s future looks like
You’ll also explore how entrepreneurship, fashion tech and sustainability intersect, understanding how each needs to feed into the other in the vision of a forward-thinking fashion brand.
Ultimately, you’ll understand how fashion needs to change to meet the challenges of the 21st century, and complete the course with a rounded understanding of what it takes to manage a fashion brand successfully in the contemporary landscape.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the issues surrounding sustainability in fashion
- Explore fashion tech and startups
- Describe traceability in fashion
Who is the course for?
Whether you’re a business student looking to specialise your skills for work in fashion or you’re a career changer trying to break into the fashion industry, this course will give you a thorough grounding in the fashion business from multiple professional perspectives.
Alongside students and professionals, this course will be beneficial if you’re already working in fashion as a product manager, product developer, designer, collection manager, business developer, or in fashion PR and communications to bring your skills up-to-date and in line with the fashion market today.
What software or tools do you need?
There are no specific entry requirements for this course except for a passion for fashion business and a desire to grow and specialise your business skills as a fashion professional.
You will need a strong grasp of the English language as the course is delivered in English.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends