Weekly study2 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Design and Create Custom Dashboards in Excel
Develop Excel dashboards to present data effectively
Dashboards can be used at every level of an organization to provide value, track progress and KPIs, and reveal insights. Organisations are working with more data every day and the skills to create dashboards in Excel are in high demand.
On this six-week course from The Excel Club, you will learn how to build dashboards from scratch before putting this knowledge into practice by creating three informative and visually stunning interactive Excel Dashboards.
Get started with designing your custom dashboard
This practical course will guide you through Excel dashboard design and creation from start to finish.
You’ll begin by discussing the three types of dashboard before covering the basics of creating them. You’ll also learn the top tips for creating a dashboard as well as the most common mistakes to avoid to ensure your dashboards work effectively.
Learn how to automate your interactive dashboard
As you progress through this course, you’ll move through each step of the dashboard creation process, helping you to make your dashboards dynamic.
Once you’ve learnt the step-by-step process, you’ll learn how to automate charts with named ranges, linking the data, using the offset function, and then linking charts to names. You’ll also focus on the INDEX function to use on subsets of data.
Use VLookup and form controls to easily change your charts
Before working on your own dashboards, this course will take you through how to change charts using different tools. You’ll explore setting up data validation and changing the charts with VLookup, as well as how to add form controls and implement them to change charts.
In the final week of this course, you’ll create three different dashboards, each with their own data and objectives to help you put your new skills into practice.
- When to start with a dashboard project
- Good and bad dashboard designs
- Creating custom visuals in Excel
- Advanced Excel charting techniques
- Excel formulas to make charts dynamic
- Automating Excel charts
- Using Form Controls to add interactivity
- Completing and protecting dashboards
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the use of a Dashboard
- Describe different dashboard types
- Create a Custom Visual Overlay
- Summaries the Do's and Do Not's of creating a dashboard
- Explain why Excel is great for Dashboards
- Identify inputs, linked data, helper columns and different worksheets
- Create Automated Charts with Named ranges
- Apply the INDEX and other Excel functions to create dynamic advanced charts
- Develop dashboard interaction with advanced formulas, drop downs and form controls
- Apply form controls to scroll data on a chart
- Design and developer a dashboard project from scratch
- Apply protection and professional final touches to a dashboard
Who is the course for?
This course has been designed for anyone looking to enhance their Excel charting skills and learn advanced techniques to visualise data.
With advanced Excel skills being in high demand, this course will help in any role or industry that handles and presents data.
What software or tools do you need?
To take part in this course you will need a version of Excel. You can sign up for a 30 day trial directly with Microsoft get Excel 365
Who developed the course?
The Excel Club is a global leader in Excel and Power BI training. With over 100K students from across 186 different countries, The Excel Club has grown from strength to strength.
The force behind The Excel Club is by Paula Guilfoyle. Paula is a Certified Public Accountant and Microsoft Excel MVP who has worked across a broad range of industries as an Accountant, Internal Auditor and Financial Controller.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends