Weekly study10 hours
Learn to understand and exploit vulnerabilities of remote targets.
In this short course, we will begin the exploitation of the vulnerabilities we have identified and penetrate our targets. Once we have gained access to the target machine, we will look into escalating our privileges and/or moving onto high value targets.
- Priv escalation
- Moving laterally
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore remote shells and how we connect to target computers
- Investigate the Metasploit framework
- Demonstrate knowledge of payloads such as meterpreter shell
- Assess vulnerabilities of remote systems
- Perform data exfiltration from the target network
Who is the course for?
The course is for MSc Cyber Security students.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.
What software or tools do you need?
Kali Linux and a web browser.