Improve your writing using strategies from experts and successful students
This online course from Coventry University explores the key features and requirements of academic writing.
You will find out how to check what tutors are expecting of your writing and you’ll develop strategies to help you achieve higher grades.
- Overview of the requirements of academic writing
- Recognising the features of academic style
- Analysis of the key features of essays and reports
- Idenitifying key vocabulary in coursework briefs
- Identifying the stages of the writing process
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Investigate the requirements of university writing.
- Identify the stages of the writing process.
- Identify key vocabulary in coursework briefs.
- Identify and apply the features of cohesion.
- Compare the key features of essays and reports.
- Investigate the features of academic style.
Who is the course for?
This course is for students on the Coventry University pre-sessional English award. It is relevant for students who will be continuing their studies online and on-campus.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.