- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Extra BenefitsFrom $59
Fashion's Future: The Sustainable Development Goals
Learn about the link between fashion and the Sustainable Development Goals
The global fashion industry has an enormous social impact and ecological footprint. Many of us don’t understand how the clothes we wear every day affects the world around us.
On this course, you will learn how clothes are made, how fashion supply chains work and the importance of responsible production and consumption. You’ll also look at how the fashion industry can have a more positive impact for people and planet.
Upon completing this course, you’ll be empowered with new knowledge and ideas to contribute towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals through your own wardrobe.
How the fashion industry works, how we interact with it and the impacts it has on people and planet
The Sustainable Development Goals and how they relate to the clothes we wear
Fair Trade/Ethical trade and why it is essential to international development and human rights
Global fashion supply chains, how they work and how they can have a more positive impact on people and planet
Gender equality, women’s empowerment and how it links to the clothes we wear
Decent work and economic growth, what this means in the global fashion industry and what we can do to support good working conditions
The environmental impacts of the clothes we wear and how we can support better conservation and protection of the planet and its natural resources
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore your values and identify the principles that matter the most to you
- Assess brand's sustainability disclosure to better understand their efforts to improve their human rights and environmental impacts
- Develop an understanding of global garment supply chains and the impacts they can have on people and the planet
- Develop an understanding of the Sustainable Development Goals and how they relate to the clothes you wear
- Debate how the fashion industry interlinks with the Sustainable Development Goals and how we can all help achieve them
- Debate approaches to change
- Collaborate to build strategies for change
- Engage your local MPs to request they fight for policies that matter to you
- Engage brands to improve their supply chains and share more information on their commitments, goals and progress around their human rights and environmental impacts
- Engage your colleagues, friends, family and peers to drive forward a fashion industry that supports people, planet, profits and creativity in equal measure
- Contribute to meaningful dialogue and a better fashion industry for all
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone wanting to learn more about the fashion industry, fair trade, international development, and the Sustainable Development Goals. This includes fashion professionals or students and activists interested in environmental protection and sustainable consumption.
The course will be actively facilitated on:
- 13 July – 9 August
- 21 September – 18 October
- 30 November – 27 December
- 8 February 2021 – 7 March 2021
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get: