Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Financial Analysis for Business Decisions: Introduction to Data Analysis Tools and Capital Projects
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Are you looking for financial analysis tools to better equip you for data driven decision making?
In this financial management course, you’ll begin to learn about financial analysis tools for data-driven decision making. Data has always been fundamental to the discipline of finance. Recent years, however, we have seen a greater drive towards data-driven decision making in all sectors.
Financial analysis is central to this, helping organisations to understand the costs, risks, and benefits of different methods. There is an increased expectation, therefore, that finance professionals or managers with financial responsibility will possess fundamental data analysis skills.
This financial management course will introduce you to key data analysis tools that can help you to support data-driven decision making. You’ll also explore capital projects, and understand the role that financial analysis can play in these.
Build finance skills to support decision making
In this introduction to financial data analysis, you’ll learn about fundamental data analysis tools, such as regression and sensitivity analysis. You’ll explore these data analysis tools, and discover how to evaluate which are best for decision making in different contexts. These business fundamentals will be beneficial to both finance professionals and general managers looking to strengthen their finance skills.
Financial analysis is particularly key to making good business decisions in relation to these large, expensive projects. You’ll also explore capital projects, discovering what these are and their relevance to organisations. By developing your finance skills on this course, you’ll be able to contribute to successful capital projects at your organisation.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply common financial data analysis tools such as regression and sensitivity analysis/what if to inform business decision making
- Describe what a capital project is and its relevance to an organisation
- Explain the five basic tools to evaluate the project
- Evaluate which of the tools are best for decision making
Who is the course for?
This course is for those who want to support data-driven decision making based on financial analysis. You could be a finance professional seeking career advancement or better communication skills, or a manager looking to strengthen key finance skills.
In collaboration with
Endorsers and supporters
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends