Weekly study3 hours
Fundamentals of International Business
Unpack international economics to help prepare for expansion
Globalisation and growing international trade have brought both new challenges and opportunities for many economies.
On this four-week course, you’ll gain an understanding of the different aspects of international business to learn the best practices for successfully expanding into international markets.
You’ll discover how new ways of trading raise many questions with international business leaders before exploring some of the answers to these challenges.
Evaluate the role of economic analysis
As you delve into international economics and trade theory, you’ll start to evaluate the role of economic analysis within international business.
This knowledge will help you understand the economic underpinnings of business strategy in international settings.
Learn how to apply competitive strategies
With your knowledge of international business, you’ll start to examine the competitive aspects you may encounter.
You’ll look at various models of competitive analysis to assess strategic behaviour in international business. Next, you’ll evaluate the complex competitive scenarios that you may face at both the firm and industry level.
You’ll then explore competitive strategies and learn how to apply your knowledge in the context of globalisation – in particular, major entry and exit strategies.
Understand how to develop a business strategy alongside industry experts
On the final part of the course, you’ll explore the fundamentals of creating an international business strategy including international business instruments and agreements.
Learning from the specialists at Sentinel|9, you’ll develop your critical analysis and research skills and understand how to successfully expand into international markets.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate the role of economic analysis within international business contexts and appreciate the economic underpinnings of business strategy in international settings.
- Synthesize various models of competitive analysis to assess strategic behaviour in international business.
- Evaluate the complex competitive scenarios at both the firm and industry level to international business.
- Apply theoretical and practical knowledge of competitive strategies in the context of globalisation, particularly major entry and exit strategies of international business.
- Evaluate information from a wide range of sources to demonstrate research skills, and demonstrate the capacity to document the outcomes in international economics and business strategies with sound analysis and recommendations.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for business professionals, new and aspiring line managers, or companies that want to operate internationally.
Who developed the course?
Sentinel|9 is an education content provider. They provide university-level content independently to offer a different pace of learning for individuals and institutions. They have a dynamic content library and Learning Management System (LMS) which is suitable for online, blended and face-to-face delivery.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.