Weekly study3 hours
Leadership Theory: The Basics
Learn the basics of leadership theory
On this leadership course, you will be introduced to the theoretical underpinnings of leadership, different styles of leadership and their respective strengths and weaknesses.
You will have the opportunity to learn the differences between management and leadership and will investigate in detail the ethical issues that surround the issue of leadership.
- The fundamentals of leadership: what is the evolutionary process of leadership theories?
- What are the major conclusions of the trait theories?
- The skills approach to leadership
- What are the major conclusions of the behavioural theories?
- Identifying the major components of the contingency theories
- Transactional and transformational leadership
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Differentiate between leadership and management
- Critically analyse the trait, skills, style and contingency theories of leadership
- Appraise the strengths and weaknesses of the different theories of leadership
- Investigate the different types of leadership and their implications for organisations
Who is the course for?
This course is for experienced professionals looking to understand how a modern business succeeds through leadership, culture, decision-making and change management.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.