- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
Harnessing the Power Of Data: Introduction to Data-Driven Decision-Making
Explore how to make data-driven decisions to help develop your management skills
Informed management decision-making comes from clearly distinguishing between data, information, knowledge and their sources.
On this course, you’ll have the opportunity to explore how to evaluate different sources of data and information and acquire knowledge from them.
You’ll explore various research techniques and critique the role of statistics in making decisions as a manager.
By having the chance to enhance your understanding of the basis of robust information, the course aims to help you become more critical of sources of data before making significant decisions.
Data, information and knowledge
- What is data, information and knowledge?
- Why data management is important in business analytics
- Input, processing and output
- Data analysis techniques
- The differences between qualitative and quantitative data
- Key factors to consider when preparing quantitative or qualitative data for analysis
The role of statistics in management decision-making
- The principles behind measurement and statistical analysis
- Managing and presenting data
- Enhancing management decision-making in the digital firm
When would you like to start?
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Compare the differences between data, information and knowledge
- Identify and evaluate research techniques
- Evaluate the role of statistics in management decision-making
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for junior and middle managers seeking the opportunity to improve their understanding of data in order to help to potentially progress in their careers.
It will also prove useful for entrepreneurs looking for the chance to equip themselves with a range of skills to run a business.
This course is applicable across a variety of roles, sectors, and geographies.
This is the introductory two-week course for the program in Information Management and Decision-Making, which forms part of the BA Management and Leadership online degree at Coventry University, delivered on FutureLearn.