Introduction to Health Economics
Take an in-depth look at the economic principles of health care delivery
The study of health economics is important in helping to ensure the efficient use of available resources for maximising health benefits. It is also essential to improving health care delivery, outcomes, and lifestyle patterns through interactions with individuals and health care providers, in different clinical settings.
This course, presented by Bournemouth University, provides a comprehensive introduction to health-related economic principles.
Explore the fundamentals of health economics
You will gain a foundation in economic principles and resource management related to health care delivery and consumption.
Through careful economic analysis, you will gain an understanding of how the different aspects of health care systems relate to each other.
Master the art of swift decision-making in complex health care settings
When you understand the basic principles of health economics, you will be able to apply your knowledge in practical situations.
You will also be able to select the best solution in your decision-making process.
Study economic analysis alongside experts in the field
With an understanding of the health economics decision-making process, you will be able to conduct economic evaluations related to health programs.
You will be supported by health economics experts at Bournemouth University, as you develop a strong foundational knowledge.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop an understanding of the key concepts in health economics.
- Identify principles and concepts of economic evaluation in health systems.
- Develop skills in identifying, measuring, valuing cost items, applying discount rate, annualisation, handling inflation of costs.
- Evaluate the skills that recognise and address the challenges of limited resources within the health sector.
- Synthesise the body of the economic evaluation evidence.
- Demonstrate an understanding of concepts of cost analysis.
- Explain the key areas of health economics.
- Develop an understanding of uncertainty.
- Apply additional learning in the field of health economics / economic evaluation.
- Evaluate inter-related components of health systems from economic perspective.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for individuals interested in or already working within health care, pharmaceuticals, health economics, and health finance, and who are keen to improve their decision-making skills. No prior knowledge or qualifications are required.
What software or tools do you need?
To take part in this course no software or tools are required.
Who developed the course?
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.