Weekly study5 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Network Defence Management: A History of IT
Develop your understanding of network management and cyber threats
This course delves into five generations of IT and IS to give you a historical perspective on the development of technologies and better understand the emerging digital opportunities for organisations today.
Discover the emergence of the IT industry
Stepping back 80 years to vacuum tubes in the first generation of computers, this course will walk you through five generations of innovation. You’ll discover the invention of transistors, integrated circuits, microprocessors, and artificial intelligence. You’ll have the opportunity to see where we came from, and just how far the industry has come.
Apply history to modern cyber security
Through a historical lens, you’ll have a chance to explore IT infrastructure, web servers, intranet, extranet, URLs, domain names, web systems, languages, application infrastructure and media standards. Understanding the history means you can better assess the vulnerabilities, historically and today.
Explore real-world cyber threats
In the second week of this course, you’ll look at common types of cyber threats, where they come from and how they’ve evolved, as well as non-web-based attacks.
By the end of the course, you should have a clearer understanding of network management and how it relates to cyber threats.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the history of IT
- Explore IT infrastructure
- Explore network management and cyber threats
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone looking to build their understanding of cyber security and network defence management.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends