Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
How to Create Everlasting Experiences Through Gaming
Explore worldbuilding to engage your audience
Building a world that hooks people in, ignites their imagination, and thrills their senses takes time, techniques and brilliant storytelling.
On this three-week course from D&AD, you’ll learn to use wordbuilding to explore a gaming world through the eyes of your audience and create experiences that engage them.
Build wider communities with transmedia storytelling
To build an experience that’s so encapsulating is down to the skills of many successfully coming together.
You’ll explore the craft of building cross-over experiences and how they can spawn fandom as a result. By using creative storytelling and building a compelling narrative, you can develop transmedia experiences to spread your reach and grow your community.
Draw creative inspiration from the gaming community
With the power to cultivate a community, the potential to turn this into a force for good is endless.
You’ll explore the endless possibilities and creative inspiration in the gaming space, and how to embed it into the brands you work for and briefs you work on.
Learn how to use the skills from the gaming industry in your marketing
Moving from the online to offline, IRL worlds, and creating immersive experiences that go beyond a single platform is the holy grail for many creatives.
Once you’ve built your knowledge of storytelling, you’ll assess the skills the gaming industry employ in bringing their games to life and see how they can work for your brand across multiple platforms, media, and mediums.
Learn from experts in gaming
This course is led by D&AD and features content created by a variety of experts in the field from top companies in the industry such as Epic Games and Massive Entertainment.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the skill of world-building in gaming
- Identify where cross-channel storytelling can enhance an experience
- Investigate where experiences can be enhanced through the power of gamification
- Produce a creative brief based on the principles used across gaming
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for creatives that want to tap into the power of gaming for their communications, marketing, and advertising.
No matter what part of the creative process you handle, this course will guide you through how to harness gaming and use immersive storytelling to enhance your audience connection.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends