Skip to 0 minutes and 4 seconds Rhonda Garad: Welcome. My name is Dr Rhonda Garard and I’m a research fellow at Monash University in Australia. And I want to tell you about an exciting online course in “Implementing Innovation in Healthcare”. This course is aimed at health professionals from all disciplines, from all around the world. So come join us, come join the course and be part of the movement in healthcare innovation.
Weekly study3 hours
Implementing Improvement in Healthcare
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Learn how to implement healthcare improvement and innovation
Healthcare in the 21st Century is increasingly complex, challenging and unsustainable.
In this course for professionals working in healthcare delivery, you’ll increase your understanding of complex healthcare systems and of capabilities and skills to mobilise knowledge and build ‘agency’ across individual, organisational and system-levels for healthcare innovation.
Through this course, you’ll gain insight into the fields of implementation science, health care improvement and the learning health system, enabling your ability to implement innovation in healthcare.
Week 1 - Understanding complex health systems
- Complexity in healthcare
- Problems and challenges in global healthcare
- Variation in healthcare
- Complex adaptive systems vs. traditional systems
- Research translation
Week 2 - Understanding healthcare improvement
- Learning healthcare systems
- Implementation and healthcare improvement
- Implementation theories, models and frameworks
- Strategies for mobilising new knowledge in healthcare
- Implementation science and knowledge management
Week 3 - Leading change
- Shifting knowledge – translation, exchange and utilisation
- Capabilities and skills for knowledge management
- Mobilising knowledge (within and across domains)
- Frameworks for knowledge mobilisation
- Capabilities and skills for knowledge mobilisation
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess and critique complex health organisations and implementation strategies in relation to system-wide healthcare improvement
- Compare examples of strategies used in different jurisdictions for mobilising new knowledge and research findings in healthcare, including those that impact on clinical practice and patient care
- Investigate various key models, frameworks and governance structures utilised in knowledge mobilisation initiatives
- Identify the key skills and capabilities required for implementation and knowledge mobilisation for healthcare improvement
- Apply principles of knowledge mobilisation and implementation science to a complex healthcare improvement problem
Who is the course for?
This course has been co-designed by the Monash-Warwick Alliance and Monash Partners especially for health professionals working in the area of healthcare management and administration.
This includes medical or general hospital administrators, clinicians, quality assurance managers, team leaders, senior nursing administrators, unit managers and a range of general task coordinators within the health care system.
Who developed the course?
World rankingTop 60Source: QS World University Rankings 2021
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.