What are the most common vulnerabilities within in-vehicle networks?
There are four major in-vehicle networks, all of which will be introduced on this course. Their potential vulnerabilities will be examined through key theoretical concepts underpinning cyber security threats in the automotive context. The primary focus will be on CAN, the backbone of automotive networks.
- Denial of service attacks
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop an understanding of in-vehicle networks and their functionalities
- Demonstrate functionalities of Electric Control Units (ECUs)
- Assess vulnerabilities of ECUs and in-vehicle networks
- Develop an understanding of CAN protocol and its vulnerabilities
Who is the course for?
MSc Cyber Security students.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.