Explore the purpose of research design
This course explores the purpose of research design, and will help you decide which design best fits the aim of your project. A research design is the logic that links together the aims, evidence and approaches used in the phenomena being explored. You will explore why it is important, and how to develop your research design.
During this course you will cover the following topics:
- Establishing the need for a research design
- Discussing some different designs and the factors which influence the choice of research design
- Illustrating the main steps when selecting a research design, using an example scenario
This is supported through the following activities:
- Reviewing your research question, aim and objectives in light of the outputs and outcomes you expect to produce
- Practicing matching a research design to the research aims and objectives
- Producing a concise statement summarising your reasons for choosing the design you want to employ in your research project
Who is the course for?
Postgraduate students undertaking their final project.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.