Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Learn influencing tactics
Influence in the workplace is essential in making your voice heard and respected. It’s also a driving factor in helping you and your team collaborate effectively.
On this four-week course, you’ll build skills in influencing tactics to help with communication and gaining power in the workplace.
Understand how to influence people at work
You’ll start by learning specific strategies that are proven to work for gaining power and influencing people.
As you learn how to be more effective at pitching business ideas to your superiors and building coalitions across stakeholders, you’ll also examine the tactics needed to influence your customers to encourage sales.
You’ll understand how to build, develop, and maintain a power base in your organisation, as well as improving your ability to influence people in situations where you cannot use formal authority.
Influence vs Manipulation
This course will help you distinguish between influence and manipulation to enable you to be more persuasive in working with your line managers, peers, and direct reports.
You’ll understand how to build and maintain high-quality relationships to further increase power and ability to influence. You’ll also learn how to protect yourself from the unwanted influence of others.
Learn from leadership experts at the Michigan University
This course will enable you to improve your confidence and develop your leadership skills alongside specialists in team leading strategies at the University of Michigan.
By the end of this course, you’ll have the skills to become a more persuasive and influential leader in your workplace.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply strategies for effective ways to build, develop, and sustain a power base in your organization.
- Apply influence tactics that enable you to be more persuasive and influential in working with your superiors, peers, and even subordinates.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone looking to become a more influential leader in the workplace and build your confidence in decision-making and leadership.
Who developed the course?
As the #1 public research university in the United States, U-M has been a leader in research, learning, and teaching for more than 200 years, with 102 Grad programs in the top 10 — U.S. News & World Report (2019).
LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan, USA
World rankingTop 30Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends