Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Content Planning and Creation
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Develop your content creation and scheduling skills
By focusing on engagement and high-quality storytelling, you can ensure your Instagram account remains relevant to your audience’s goals, using a scheduled calendar of content delivery.
On this two-week course, you’ll learn to optimise your content through scheduling, layout planning, and editing. Using these skills, your account will showcase your brand’s aesthetic and whilst staying current and fresh.
Post high quality images using Canva
Canva is an invaluable tool for social media marketers, allowing you to edit your images and videos to a professional standard.
Through hands-on activities, you’ll learn how to use a range of Canva features and discover how to improve your output quality and layout, guaranteeing you deliver great content with every post.
Improve your data analysis with Instagram Insights
Instagram Business Accounts come equipped with a range of tools to improve your reach and optimise your content.
You’ll learn how to interpret content data, exploring impressions, account activity, top posts, and reach, giving you valuable insights into what content best resonates with your audience. You’ll also learn how to use planning tools to track your feed and keep your content varied.
With this knowledge, you’ll be able to adapt your content strategy and monitor the success of your changes.
Design a content brief for outsourcing your social media content
By using freelancers, you can increase the level of output on your account and help your brand grow.
You’ll be guided through the hiring process and learn how to develop a content brief to ensure their work aligns with your brand.
By the end of this course, you’ll have learned how content schedules can improve reach and engagement and have gained new skills in content editing.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify characteristics and qualities of ‘great visual content’
- Produce your own great content in both photo and video formats
- Practice editing your photos in 3rd party editing software
- Create your own grid layout in Canva
- Create Stories that are optimised for engagement
- Create and post an IG live that maximises follower reach
- Collect data from Instagram Insights and Post Insights, including: Reach, Impressions, Account Activity, Top Posts, Top Videos, Top Stories
- Create a monthly Content Calendar
- Evaluate the best freelancer by identifying necessary characteristics
- Produce an effective content brief (with an example)
Who is the course for?
This course is for social media influencers, marketers, and advertisers who want to improve their audience reach and develop their Instagram planning and scheduling skills.
It is particularly suited to business owners who want to ramp up Instagram engagement to build brand loyalty and turn followers into customers, as well as marketing professionals who want to up their social game.
What software or tools do you need?
You’ll need to have the Instagram app on your phone, and set up a free Canva account.
Who developed the course?
Social Media College is the market leader for social media education. They work with the world’s top social media experts who use all the social platforms every day to deliver real life education that will help accelerate your business and career.
They are all about providing their students with the best possible outcomes and applicable skills - not just irrelevant theory.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends