- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Extra BenefitsFrom $79
Introduction to Low Emission Road Transport
Explore the impact of road transport on carbon emissions and climate change
This course explores the key transport technologies, trends, and policies that are enabling a transition to low emission vehicles.
You’ll build a strong understanding of transport carbon emissions that will stand you in good stead to further explore the many different topics around low emission transport in more depth.
Explore how carbon emissions are affecting urban air quality
The transition to low emission road transport is gathering pace as the world battles to control emissions-induced climate change and urban air quality issues.
On this course, you’ll compare and contrast the leading low emission technologies in road transport.
Whether you work in the automotive or energy sectors or you simply own a vehicle, as the world becomes more environmentally aware, more and more of us will be involved in the low-emissions transition.
Compare hydrogen fuel cell, biofuel and electric vehicles
Low emission vehicles come in various forms. After exploring different types of sustainable transport, you’ll study the benefits and challenges that arise from using hydrogen fuel cell and electric cars.
You’ll find out about the requirements of recharging and fueling low-emission vehicles, and consider the challenges these pose for existing infrastructure.
Study low emissions technology with experts at Cenex
This course is created and delivered by Cenex, The Centre of Excellence for Low Carbon and Fuel Cell Technologies.
With over 15 years of experience conducting research and development and consultancy for low carbon transport and energy systems projects, Cenex is working to accelerate the shift to low emission transport.
They are also a CPD-accredited training provider and have been providing training through the LEVEL network (Low Emission Vehicle Enterprise and Learning) since 2016.
- The impact of climate change and air quality and the role of road transport emissions
- An explanation of the key low emission road transport options
- An overview of the trends, policies and innovations in the industry
- An introduction to the supporting refuelling/recharging infrastructure required
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain why reducing emissions from road transport is important
- Explore the current alternative leading technologies in road transport
- Summarise the different low emission road transport technology options
- Identify the requirements and difficulties of the recharging/refuelling infrastructures of these technologies
- Report the key factors and policies that are affecting these technologies
- Summarise the differences between low emission road transport technology options
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone looking to develop their knowledge of key sustainable transport technologies.
This may include STEM students with a special interest in emission solutions or transport policy, as well as professionals – particularly in the automotive or energy industry – responsible for sustainability or Net Zero targets.
Who developed the course?
Cenex was established as the UK’s first Centre of Excellence for Low Carbon and Fuel Cell technologies in 2005. Today, Cenex focuses on low emission transport & associated energy infrastructure and operates as an independent, not-for-profit research technology organisation and consultancy. We provide you with the insights and solutions that reduce pollution, increase efficiency and lower costs in the pursuit of a zero-carbon future.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.