Weekly study6 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Master Digital Marketing: Introduction to Marketing
Discover the evolution of modern marketing strategies
Understanding human behaviour is key to carry out effective marketing. When you investigate the marketing tactics that have worked over time as well as the elements that continue to change, you gain a deeper insight into your customers’ motivations to help you make informed marketing decisions.
On this three-week course, you’ll explore the historical principles of marketing and fundamental theories that underpin everything we still do today.
With an understanding of the proven marketing techniques as well as a look into the new methods used in the digital landscape, you’ll know what to include in your own marketing strategies.
Reach your audience using Maslow’s hierarchy of needs
You’ll examine different models for understanding and planning your strategies, including the hub and spoke, and Maslow’s hierarchy of needs.
With this knowledge, you’ll develop an understanding of human behaviour and motivations which will help influence your marketing techniques.
Discover the best ways to promote your business with the seven key marketing channels
In today’s digital world, it’s important to understand which of the many marketing channels work for you.
You’ll look at marketing via; word-of-mouth, podcast, email, social media, Search Engine Optimisation, influencer, and video to understand how to choose the right channel to connect with your audience at the right time.
Learn how to create a successful marketing strategy
Finally, you’ll examine case studies of digital transformation to understand the importance of evolving and embracing digital.
You’ll then be guided through the process of establishing a digital strategy so you can start to implement marketing tactics in your organisation.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Understand the foundational principals of modern marketing
- Apply different theoretical models to business problems
- Demonstrate the applications of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
- Describe the fundamentals of marketing strategy
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for aspiring marketers seeking the next step in your career in digital marketing.
It provides a strong foundation of marketing knowledge to build on across other courses.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends