Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Cyber Crime Investigation
Learn how to prevent cyber crime
As we embrace rapidly evolving technology, the risk of people finding opportunities to exploit it continues to increase.
This four-week course will equip you with the core technical and theoretical knowledge required to conduct cyber investigations and help prevent cyber crime in the future.
Explore the challenges associated with a cyber crime investigator
You’ll gain an insight into the legislation and best practices of how to prevent cyber crime, as well as the challenges which can arise during an investigation.
You’ll also learn about data storage and how data is interpreted, managed, communicated, and potentially recovered from a hacked digital device.
Discover how the data results gathered can help in reporting cyber crime
Exploring virtual and volatile data, you’ll discover how gathering this data can help in the result of an investigation.
This understanding will enable you to recognise the fundamental elements of what it takes to become an effective cyber investigator.
Learn from the best minds in cyber investigation
The course is led by Paul Cain, a leading practitioner with almost 20 years of experience working in digital forensics and cyber investigations.
You’ll learn from his expertise in both law enforcement and the private sector to help you develop cyber crime investigation skills.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop a practical understanding of the legislation, best practice, process and challenges associated with the investigation of cyber-crime.
- Summarise how data is stored, interpreted, managed, communicated and can potentially be recovered from a digital device.
- Assess the potential evidential value and integrity associated with virtual, volatile and metadata in an investigation.
- Explain why all of the fundamentals covered in the course would be required to become an effective cyber investigator.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in exploring the fundamentals of digital investigations and cyber crime.
What software or tools do you need?
No hardware, software or other resources required to complete this course.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends