Weekly study3 hours
Leaders: Their Role and Impact on Business
Understand what makes a leader and the effects of leadership on a workplace
Defining leadership can be difficult. Leadership is a multidimensional construct that many theorists have dedicated their time to defining.
On this course, you will explore some of these theories - learning what leadership is and how good and bad leadership can affect a business and its employees. You will consider different leadership models to help clarify the universal components of leadership and how these components differ to management.
- Definition of leadership
- Understanding of the ambiguity in its definition
- Trait, behavioural, and contingency/situational models of leadership (e.g. Blake and Moulton 1964)
- Differentiate the roles and effects of managers versus leaders
- Introduce the effect of leaders on individual and organisational performance
- Good versus bad leadership’s similarities and differences
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the definition of leadership and identify its components
- Assess trait, behavioural and contingency/situational leadership theories
- Explain how leaders are recognised and how they differ from managers
- Identify bad vs good leaders and measure similarities and differences
- Apply the concept of a 'good' leader to a workplace setting
Who is the course for?
This course is for people looking for an enhanced understanding of leadership, its role and effects.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.