Understand how teams work and the importance of a diverse workplace
Almost every modern workplace relies on some level of teamwork. Understanding how teams work, and why they fail is vital for any manager. On this course you will consider how teams are composed, why diverse teams (and workplaces) are so important, and how to address poor teamwork.
You will also consider the best practices for team working: examining the theory behind teamwork including social aspects of teams and how to resolve issues. You will also consider the processes that help ensure organisations hire the right people and maintain productivity.
- An introduction to the course
- Team formation and structure
- Theories of teamwork
- Putting the principles of good teamwork into practice
- Key concepts and processes of human resource management
- Challenges in recruitment and selection
- Performance management
- Flexibility versus fit
- The value in diversity
- Course summary
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of team working
- Apply the social value of team working into effective working practice
- Explore how to design teams and reporting mechanisms so that team problems are avoided
- Apply this understanding to management practice
Who is the course for?
This course is for entry level managers with no formal management education. You don’t need any knowledge of management theory.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLmanagingpeople to talk about this course on social media.