Weekly study10 hours
Managing Workplace Emotion
Understand what kind of emotions individuals experience at work
Emotions are an essential ingredient in the shaping of well-being and the experience of work. This course will discover how emotion manifests itself at work, considering its link to resilience and success, as well as bullying and counterproductive work behaviours.
We will explore the main components of emotions and how they can be measured. We will also look at case studies illustrating desired workplace emotions (emotional labour) and assess ways of managing them. Topics will cover bullying and counterproductive work behaviours, and ways to improve personal resilience.
- Nature of emotions
- Components of emotions
- How can emotions be measured
- Emotional labour
- What is resilience
- Managing our thoughts
- What is bullying?
- How does bullying link to emotions and what is its main impact?
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop an understanding of how emotion manifests itself in the workplace
- Explore the definitions of emotions, related theories and their application
- Assess bullying and counterproductive work behaviours and their association with emotion
- Develop an overview of the theoretical development of resilience at work
- Explore methods which may help organisations measure emotions, counterproductive work behaviours, bullying and resilience
- Evaluate and apply ways to manage workplace emotions; bullying and counterproductive work behaviours; and how to improve personal resilience
Who is the course for?
This course is for students wishing to gain a better understanding of different emotions and their impact in an organisation.