Weekly study4 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Fashion Management: Defining Markets, Business Models & Trends
Discover the importance of fashion history
On the first course of this Fashion Management ExpertTrack, you’ll explore the long and lustrous history of fashion.
From fashion as an expression of modernity, to the emergence of the contemporary industry from its counter-cultural origins, you’ll study the story behind the style.
Examine different fashion industry business models
You’ll delve into the different business models to be found in the sector, including luxury brands, digital-only companies, and mass-market fashion.
Get a comprehensive introduction to the business of fashion, and the options available to someone wanting to start working in fashion business strategy and branding.
Explore fashion trends and sustainability
Next you’ll sample fashion’s many different trends and tribes, allowing you to better understand what your customer might look like and what their passions are.
You’ll explore how different generations consume fashion differently, and what a truly sustainable fashion business model looks like practise.
Learn with international experts at Institut Français de la Mode
Studying fashion alongside industry thought-leaders at the world-class Paris school Institut Français de la Mode, you’ll see what makes fashion tick from the eyes of experts.
You’ll come away with a professional grounding in the essentials of fashion management, ready to tackle the second course in the ExpertTrack.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Understand the definition of fashion
- Understand the main fashion business models
- Explain the principles of consumer behaviour
Who is the course for?
Whether you’re a business student looking to specialise your skills for work in fashion or you’re a career changer trying to break into the fashion industry, this course will give you a thorough grounding in the fashion business from multiple professional perspectives.
Alongside students and professionals, this course will be beneficial if you’re already working in fashion as a product manager, product developer, designer, collection manager, business developer, or in fashion PR and communications to bring your skills up-to-date and in line with the fashion market today.
What software or tools do you need?
There are no specific entry requirements for this course except for a passion for fashion business and a desire to grow and specialise your business skills as a fashion professional.
You will need a strong grasp of the English language as the course is delivered in English.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends