Weekly study4 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 2
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Learn English Through TV Drama Series: My Name is Lucky
Develop your English at an upper-intermediate level
Film and television provide great opportunities to learn and improve language skills.
On this four-week course from Chasing Time English, you’ll explore a unique and engaging way to learn English. Each week you’ll watch an episode of an original TV drama series and analyse the language used, with guided activities to help you along the way.
Learn key English phrases for social interactions
Within weekly language focus sections, you’ll cover linguistic functions and social interactions from each of the episodes. You’ll start looking at asking for permission and apologising before moving on to making and declining invitations and, finally, time expressions.
Through reading, writing, and discussion tasks, you’ll connect the fictional world of the drama series to your real-life experiences, allowing you the context needed to have authentic and personal interactions in English.
Dive deeper into tenses, conditionals, and verbs
You’ll focus on a few different aspects of the English language throughout this course, building your knowledge and confidence in each area.
By analysing the language used in My Name is Lucky, you’ll learn about first conditional sentences in both present and past tense, while also developing your understanding of synonyms, antonyms, and how to form short answers to questions.
Discover My Name is Lucky, created specifically to help you learn English
The TV drama series featured in this course, My Name is Lucky, follows an international student through a series of difficult experiences. Each episode has been structured around key vocabulary and phrases that you’ll then study each week to improve your English.
This is a course designed for English language learners including: • Social interactions • Watching skills • Grammar activities • Vocabulary activities • Writing skills • Reading skills • Speaking skills
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Summarise key events from written and spoken texts
- Demonstrate understanding of important concepts from visual and audio cues
- Develop confidence in expressing an opinion in English
- Contribute to discussions on a range of themes and topics
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone looking to learn English at an upper-intermediate level.
To get the most out of this course, it is recommended that you have a minimum of CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) B1 level English.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends