Explore the principles of TCP/IP, ISO/OSI and encapsulation
In this course, you will learn to evaluate the role of a security policy for protecting information assets.
You will then demonstrate self-direction in designing security policies to defend those assets within the context of global communication and the web.
- TCP/IP and OSI layers
- Problems and issues
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the concepts of network devices, functionalities
- Explain the concepts of the TCP/IP stack and their security issues
- Explain the working of protocols at different layers
- Discuss security challenges of different protocols
- Demonstration of network devices, topology and their communication on packet tracer
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for people familiar with basic computing who want to learn about the techniques and technologies of network security.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the “Who will you learn with?” section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.