Weekly study3 hours
Operations Management: Resource and Workflow Layout
Learn the critical operational strategies to optimise your business
Effective operations management helps a company design, manage, and optimise its processes successfully.
On this four-week course, you’ll gain in-depth knowledge of processes that are critical for the operation of any business.
You’ll delve into operational management fundamentals, with a focus on resources and workflow management, to help you acquire skills to improve current operational practices.
Gain knowledge on capacity management to develop solutions
To ensure your organisation is able to maximise its potential under all conditions, you’ll unpack the operations of process design and capacity management.
This understanding will help you face common operational problems with the skills to develop solutions.
Explore the importance of resource planning
Delving into resource planning and how you can ensure the effective allocation of personnel, you’ll learn how to optimise your organisation’s people and time.
You’ll also learn how to meet demand by designing a short-term operational plan.
Develop skills in workflow management
You’ll analyse and evaluate the principles of workflow and understand how this applies to your own context. This knowledge will help you gain greater insights into what is happening in your processes and the people involved at each stage.
You’ll then explore the health, safety, and environment (HS&E) and how this intertwines with project management.
Guided by the specialists at Sentinel|9, you’ll finish the course with a solid understanding of how to improve your current operational practices with innovative and sustainable solutions.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the operations fundamental which includes efficiency vs. effectiveness, operational strategies, and system view of operations.
- Evaluate theoretical and practical knowledge of the operations of process design and capacity management to develop solutions.
- Evaluate the principles of workflow organisation to design a short-term operational plan to meet demand.
- Compare information from a wide range of sources to create sustainable solutions innovatively to improve current operational practices.
- Synthesise information from a wide range of sources to determine research skills.
- Demonstrate the capacity to document the outcomes in operations management with sound analysis and recommendations.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in learning operational management skills.
You could be a business professional, a new and aspiring line manager, or a company wanting to provide employees with new skills.
Who developed the course?
Sentinel|9 is an education content provider. They provide university-level content independently to offer a different pace of learning for individuals and institutions. They have a dynamic content library and Learning Management System (LMS) which is suitable for online, blended and face-to-face delivery.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.