Weekly study3 hours
Organisational Behaviour in Construction: An Introduction
Explore the importance of organisational behaviour in construction
How does being part of an organisation affect an individual’s behaviour? How can you manage behaviour at individual and organisational level? Explore the answers to these questions and more with this course.
You will have the opportunity to develop your understanding of organisational behaviour and why it is important within the construction industry.
This course evaluates the importance of behavioural management, examines the behaviour model for organisational efficiency, and explores the roles of organisational behaviour within the industry.
What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to module
- Definition of organisational behaviour
- Levels of organisational behaviour
- Roles of organisational behaviour within construction organisations
- Behavioural management
- Behavioural model
- Introduction to the coursework
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop an understanding of organisational behaviour
- Explore the level of organisational behaviour
- Identify the importance of organisational behaviour in construction organisations
- Explore the roles of organisational behaviour in the construction industry
- Develop an understanding of the importance of behavioural management
- Explore the behaviour model for organisational efficiency
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone looking to develop an understanding of organisational behaviour and how it is managed within construction.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.
Who will you learn with?
Laura, a Fellow of the HEA, holds the position of Lecturer in Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management, with over 10 years of experience. Her qualifications include a PhD, MSc and BSc
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn
Advance your career with a degree
Since 2017 you have been able to take a degree on FutureLearn. This free course is a bit like a starter course for a degree — it should give you a flavour of the degree subject but can also be your first step towards a degree qualification.
If you enjoy this course you can apply to join the program it’s part of to start working towards a degree on FutureLearn.
Don’t worry, you can still take the course without doing a full degree!
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLorganisationalbehaviourinconstruction to talk about this course on social media.