Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $74
PDSAFE: Physiotherapy and Falls Prevention in Parkinson's
Identify how frequent falls in Parkinson’s can be prevented
Falling is a common and disabling consequence of Parkinson’s disease and presents a major health challenge for physiotherapists. It also has a large detrimental effect on the lives of those living with the condition.
Current evidence suggests that falls prevention treatment for Parkinson’s should follow a multi-dimensional approach – including exercises, falls prevention strategies, and functional practice.
This was borne out by the recent PDSAFE clinical trial – exploring the latest personalised treatment for those suffering from mobility and stability issues in Parkinson’s.
Learn the latest physiotherapy treatments for Parkinson’s
On this course, you’ll learn to understand the background evidence and research behind PDSAFE, as well as gain the skills to deliver high quality falls prevention treatment for people living with Parkinson’s.
You’ll explore what the PDSAFE clinical trial concluded, and how this can be applied and delivered in the clinical setting. You’ll learn how to apply this learning to clinical case studies for practical delivery.
- Background understanding of the problem of falls in people living with Parkinson’s
- The development of the PDSAFE falls treatment approach
- The research underpinning the PDSAFE falls treatment approach
- How to deliver the PDSAFE falls treatment approach with someone with Parkinson’s
- Case studies to apply your learning of the approach
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the importance of falls for people living with Parkinson's
- Discuss what the current evidence says about the methods to treat falls in Parkinson's
- Identify what the clinical trial PDSAFE found out and how this can be applied in the clinical setting
- Explain how to deliver the PDSAFE falls prevention treatment approach
- Describe how to apply this learning to clinical case studies for practical delivery
Who is the course for?
This course will benefit pre-registration or registered physiotherapists working with people living with Parkinson’s disease.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.