Weekly study2 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Workplace Training: Planning and Designing Training Solutions
Assess training needs and objectives
To succeed with your training courses, you first need to understand the importance of training.
On this two-week course, you’ll learn how to assess the need for training in your organisation while considering the learning needs of the individual.
Learn how to conduct a Training Needs Analysis
Using a Training Needs Analysis (TNA) gives you an insight into the individual, group, or organisational training needs so you can adapt your sessions accordingly.
You’ll learn how to conduct a TNA that carefully considers training needs in the planning and designing stages of your course development, helping you to deliver more effective sessions.
Find out how to initiate SMART learning objectives
This course will teach you how best to begin your learning programmes so they fit the SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-bound) learning objectives. This can include oral presentations, group work, and objective tests.
You’ll learn how to identify different assessment methods to incorporate into your course design, as well as how to create lesson plans and training materials that are inclusive, engaging, and maximise learning.
Learn from CPD specialists at ATC Training
Learning alongside the specialists at ATC training with this CPD accredited course, this course will help you build your skills and confidence in the training industry and gain the practical tools and expert advice you need to plan and design effective training courses.
This course is part of the ExpertTrack ‘Train the Trainer: Certificate in Corporate Training’ where you’ll gain an understanding of the full training cycle to help you design, deliver, and evaluate effective training sessions.
- Training Needs Analysis (TNA)
- Individual and Group Learning Needs
- Session and Course Planning
- Developing Learning Materials
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Design session plans and a scheme of work to promote inclusive learning
- Develop training materials that engage learners using a variety of media
Who is the course for?
This course is suited for trainers/tutors or those who in the future might be required to plan and design courses, training sessions, or programmes.
This will suit you if you are a beginner with no prior knowledge but will also benefit experienced trainers looking to expand their skills.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends