Weekly study4 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Fashion Management: Products and Collections
Explore history’s most iconic fashion products
On this course, you’ll examine what a fashion product is, and how it can be branded and experienced as part of a collection or at a fashion show.
You’ll be taken through the history of fashion’s most iconic products, to help you learn about different product categories, and explore the importance of product collections.
Examine the birth of a fashion collection
Exploring how collections are created, you’ll investigate the relationship between a collection and brand identity.
You’ll also have the chance to study how to implement a collection, and create a collection plan of your own that you can put into practice.
Explore the future of fashion shows
You’ll study the story of fashion shows, looking at both their potent history and their potential future.
Seeing how to place a fashion show in contemporary context, you’ll learn how to interpret and critique a show using your growing understanding of brand management.
Learn from top fashion school Institut Français de la Mode
You’ll study fashion with experts from Paris’s Institut Français de la Mode, using real-world case studies from top brands.
You’ll emerge having developed your professional fashion management skillset, able to identify what makes a great fashion product, and an acclaimed fashion collection and show.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the key business components of the global fashion industry
- Explain how to build a collection
- Explore the concept of fashion entrepreneurship
Who is the course for?
Whether you’re a business student looking to specialise your skills for work in fashion or you’re a career changer trying to break into the fashion industry, this course will give you a thorough grounding in the fashion business from multiple professional perspectives.
Alongside students and professionals, this course will be beneficial if you’re already working in fashion as a product manager, product developer, designer, collection manager, business developer, or in fashion PR and communications to bring your skills up-to-date and in line with the fashion market today.
What software or tools do you need?
There are no specific entry requirements for this course except for a passion for fashion business and a desire to grow and specialise your business skills as a fashion professional.
You will need a strong grasp of the English language as the course is delivered in English.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends