Weekly study4 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Programming Essentials with Python: Cloud Technology and SaaS
What’s powering the architecture of cloud computing, and how does it rely on Python programming?
The second course in this Python ExpertTrack takes a deep dive into the cloud.
You’ll look at different types of cloud architecture and learn to articulate the benefits, challenges, and opportunities they offer.
You’ll also gain further insights into the most commonly used programming language – Python. You’ll master its primary functions, and examine its data structures and how to use them.
Discover how cloud computing works
Cloud computing has transformed how computer power – from networks to intelligence – is delivered, offering the opportunity for innovation, flexibility and economies of scale.
This course will teach you the fundamentals of the cloud and how it came to be. You’ll identify the major players within cloud computing, and gain a greater knowledge of its importance and impact upon business and the wider world.
Examine IaaS, Saas and other types of cloud architecture
Going further into cloud computing services, you’ll look at various deployment models and learn how to weigh them up against the risks and challenges they will face.
You’ll go in-depth on IaaS (Infrastructure as a service), Saas (software as a service) and FaaS (function as a service) infrastructure services, and analyse the benefits, issues and opportunities that cloud computing presents.
Master the basics of data structures and algorithms in Python
The final week of the course will shift focus to one of the most straightforward and most commonly used programming languages, Python.
As well as learning how to use its primary functions, you’ll also find out how to define and compare its four built-in data structures – list, tuple, dictionary and set.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Define and differentiate between the various types of cloud architecture (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and FaaS)
- Articulate the benefits, challenges and opportunities of cloud computing
- Identify the basics of Python for programming
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for professionals looking to build confidence in Python and other programming languages.
It’s ideally suited to career-changers seeking a programming role, established technology professionals, and tech team leaders.
What software or tools do you need?
On this course we’ll be using Python. We recommend you use a computer to access these elements.
In collaboration with
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends