Weekly study3 hours
Understand how to create and use project initiation documentation
On this course, you will explore the concept of project management, including its history and why it’s useful in business.
You will explore the key elements of project initiation documentation (PID), including project scope, aims, timelines, stakeholders, and budget. You will also be introduced to the concepts of time, cost and quality of project management - known as the triple constraint or iron triangle. You will have the opportunity to apply what you’ve learnt to real-life scenarios.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Summarise the concept of project management including linking projects to business strategy and objectives
- Investigate project constraints and how they impact the success of a project
- Identify project scope and its relevance in project management
- Apply the time, cost and quality triangle to a project scenario
- Explore the project lifecycle and the different stages of this model
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone looking to understand project management for business.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.