Weekly study2 hours
Sales and Advertising Ethics in the Fashion Industry
Explore the different types of fashion advertising
Advertising is essential in the fashion industry but there are many ethical issues to navigate in order to successfully, and legally, promote and sell fashion products.
On this two-week course, you’ll delve into the advertising, promotion, and selling practices within the fashion industry. You’ll explore the various types of advertising used in fashion to help you understand what makes an ethical advertisement.
Next, you’ll uncover the selling decisions, practices, and professional ethics involved in the fashion industry to discover how to achieve optimal outcomes for both the buyer and seller.
Unpack unethical advertising in the fashion industry
Through examples of controversial advertising, you’ll learn how to distinguish between unethical and illegal advertising.
With this knowledge, you’ll know how to avoid them in your own practice.
Explore professional ethics in fashion sales
You’ll delve into the important factors and ethical issues surrounding fashion sales transactions and how this might impact sales personnel and the sale itself.
Within this, you’ll explore common consumer complaints to understand how to promote a positive relationship between buyer and seller.
Learn from the experts at Bloomsbury Academic
To further your understanding of the importance of the sales transaction, you’ll identify the key components of relationship selling. You’ll also explore the professional organisations available to educate and assist sales professionals in their role.
With the expertise of Bloomsbury Academic, you’ll finish the course with the knowledge of ethical advertising. You’ll also have the understanding of the guidelines for writing an effective code of conduct for sales professionals to help achieve a better relationship between buyer and seller.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe various types of advertising used in the fashion industry in order to distinguish between unethical and illegal advertising and explain how to avoid them in practice
- Identify examples of controversial advertising and illustrate their role in promoting products
- Identify examples of how companies have used social commentary advertising to promote their causes and products
- Identify important factors and ethical issues surrounding the sales transaction, identify common conflicts impacting sales personnel and consider how they may negatively affect the sales transaction
- Summarise common consumer complaints concerning salespeople and consider guidelines for writing an effective code of conduct for sales professionals by recognizing the key components of relationship selling
- Identify professional organizations available to educate and assist sales professionals to approach the sales transactions to achieve optimal outcome for both the buyer and the seller
- Identify issues surrounding customer data capture and disposal when building relationships between buyers and sellers.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in the fashion industry and how ethics dictate its practices.
It will be particularly useful for those in a fashion advertising role or those who work in retail as you learn from top authors V. Ann Paulins and Julie L. Hillery.
Who developed the course?
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes.and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.