Explore how to search for academic literature
In this short course, you’ll have the opportunity to explore a number of sources of academic literature. We’ll also cover the different databases provided by Coventry University and how to maximize the effectiveness of your literature search.
You’ll also have the chance to learn about the structure of academic journal articles and the different reference management tools that are at your disposal, such as RefWorks, EndNote and Mendeley.
- How to search for literature
- Searching for journal articles
- The structure of a journal article
- Eligibility criteria
- Getting the most from your reading
- Where to search
- Common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Managing reference tools
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify different databases when searching for academic literature
- Explain the structure of a journal article
- Discuss common pitfalls of searches and how to avoid them
- Explore and create a reference list using reference management tools
Who is the course for?
This course is for students who wish to gain a further understanding of academic literature and how to create a reference list using reference management tools.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.