- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study2 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Extra BenefitsFrom $64
Tackling Antimicrobial Resistance: A Social Science Approach
Learn the key aspects of successful antimicrobial stewardship
Antimicrobial resistance is a complex problem in today’s medicine that requires a unique approach. On this course, you will build your knowledge of how a social science perspective can fight the problem of antimicrobial resistance.
You will gain insights into antimicrobial stewardship (AMS) in different contexts and how to apply a social science research approach. You will also be introduced to different fields of study and social science theory.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of what social science is
- Explore examples of using different social science research methods for tackling antimicrobial resistance in primary and secondary care, and in high-income and lower-middle income countries
- Explore the application of a realist review to inform recommendations for developing and/or improving antimicrobial stewardship
- Identify examples of using ethnography to gain novel insights into current delivery of antimicrobial stewardship activities
- Describe how implementation science can help to improve implementation of antimicrobial stewardship activities
- Identify potential research questions or improvement project ideas for your practice setting that can be investigated in future studies using social science methods
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for health professionals, junior researchers and doctoral students new to social science with an interest in antimicrobial stewardship.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #TacklingAMS to talk about this course on social media.