Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Soft Skills for Navigating Global Challenges
Develop soft skills for the modern workplace
Soft skills such as embodiment, meditation, and mindfulness grow increasingly useful as more and more employers are recognising the benefits of these practices in the workplace.
On this three-week course from Ubiquity University, you’ll focus on developing these skills in the context of technology and navigating global challenges.
Evaluate your strengths to advance your career
This course will start by taking you through some of your individual qualities such as strengths and what you like to do. Once you’ve identified your strengths, you can evaluate them in relation to your career and assess how you can take advantage of your particular strengths and use them to advance in your career.
Discover the ‘head, heart, and hands’ model
Also known as the 3C-model of motivation, the head, heart, and hands framework is a technique to assess your motivations and skills to pinpoint any areas to seek support and improve.
On this course, you’ll explore the concept of this framework, what each section assesses, and how to apply the model in a practical situation.
Explore the UN Sustainable Development Goals
The course will also introduce you to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) and the concepts around sustainable development.
You’ll look at global challenges, including the Fourth Industrial Revolution and the Global Youth Wellbeing Index, and how soft skills play a role in them. With technology being at the forefront of global change, you’ll examine large technology trends facing the world right now and how it plays into the UN SDGs.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate your strengths and how they can be used to advance your interests as you move into your careers
- Explore concepts around sustainable development and the UN SDGs
- Explore the Fourth Industrial Revolution and the Global Youth Wellbeing Index
- Investigate large technology trends facing the world in this current moment
- Engage with the topic of climate change and examine your personal perspectives on it
- Apply the “head, heart and hands” framework
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone looking to improve their soft skills to help in career development. It will be especially useful if you’re interested in sustainability and how to use these soft skills to improve yourself and the planet.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends