Weekly study2 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Telemedicine: Tools to Support Growth Disorders in a Post-COVID Era
Improve your digital literacy to address eHealth for growth disorders
With the combination of COVID-19 and the rise of new technologies, telemedicine has become essential in providing healthcare. Doctors and health practitioners can use technology to deliver care to patients at a distance, but it requires a level of digital literacy.
On this four-week course, you’ll learn how to improve digital literacy in diagnosis management. In particular, you’ll examine the ways eHealth can support individuals with growth disorders based on case studies from pediatric patients requiring growth hormone treatment.
This course will help you improve your knowledge and confidence in using eHealth and telemedicine to support clinical decision-making.
Explore the challenges and opportunities in eHealth
At all stages of the patient journey, eHealth tools can have a significant impact. You’ll discover various digital tools as you build your knowledge on the evaluation and management of growth disorders.
You’ll explore the best practices for utilising eTools and data science to manage growth disorders in children and adolescents.
Considering the viewpoints of caregivers, patients, and health care providers, you’ll identify challenges, opportunities, and solutions in eHealth to better understand its role in clinical care.
Understand chronic disease management with Taipei Medical University
You’ll learn alongside experts at TMU to research the long-term impact of digital health in managing growth disorders.
You’ll examine factors such as usability, impact on quality of life, and implementation strategies, and understand how to apply this knowledge to broader chronic disease management.
By the end of the course, you’ll have the skills and confidence to start implementing telemedicine techniques into your practice.
- eHealth in diagnosis and management of growth disorders
- Research in eHealth in the management of growth disorders
- Strategies to foster engagement and collaboration to support the development of e-health tools
- Patient to health care provider communication in the digital era. Personalization behavioral support. Future directions
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore what eHealth is, telemedicine and how it applies to evaluation and management of growth disorders
- Discussion on emerging understanding of challenges, opportunities and eHealth solutions as applied for management of growth from the viewpoints of caregivers, patients and health care providers
- Engage in the activities that support the understanding and application of research methods for the evaluation of digital health tools
- Investigate additional resources related to digital health in the view of setting up research proposals
- Explore how eHealth applies to cope with disorders
- Explore how eHealth tools can be applied to other disorders
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for those with experience and an interest in growth disorders.
Whether you’re a student, doctor, or pediatric endocrinologist, this course is designed to help you learn more about digital health.
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.