Weekly study3 hours
Training and Development at Work: An Introduction
Understand various aspects of workplace training, from analysis to delivery.
Training and development plays an important role in any workplace. On this course, you will explore the role of training from a number of stakeholder approaches, both on an individual and organisational level.
You will consider the main priorities and uses of training in the workplace. You will also have the opportunity to become familiar with the theories, models and tools used to support training and development.
- Introduction to the many roles of training
- Examine training from a number of stakeholder approaches including organisation, teams, trainees, trainers
- Define key terms eg training, learning
- Provide scope of the study of training, discussing the main theories, models and tools used. For example, the training cycle and different types of training
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore familiarity with the main models and tools used to support training
- Evaluate the role of training
- Demonstrate awareness of different approaches to identifying training needs, training methods and approaches, and training outcomes
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone that wants to explore the importance of training in the workplace, and the theories and tools that are used to create training courses.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.