- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Extra BenefitsFrom $74
Training and Development at Work: An Introduction
Understand various aspects of workplace training, from analysis to delivery.
Training and development plays an important role in any workplace. On this course, you will explore the role of training from a number of stakeholder approaches, both on an individual and organisational level.
You will consider the main priorities and uses of training in the workplace. You will also have the opportunity to become familiar with the theories, models and tools used to support training and development.
- Introduction to the many roles of training
- Examine training from a number of stakeholder approaches including organisation, teams, trainees, trainers
- Define key terms eg training, learning
- Provide scope of the study of training, discussing the main theories, models and tools used. For example, the training cycle and different types of training
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore familiarity with the main models and tools used to support training
- Evaluate the role of training
- Demonstrate awareness of different approaches to identifying training needs, training methods and approaches, and training outcomes
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone that wants to explore the importance of training in the workplace, and the theories and tools that are used to create training courses.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
What's different about this course?
Since 2017 you have been able to take a degree on FutureLearn. This free course is a bit like a starter course for a degree — it should give you a flavour of the degree subject but can also be your first step towards a degree qualification.
If you enjoy this course you can apply to join the program it’s part of to start working towards a degree on FutureLearn.
Don’t worry, you can still take the course without doing a full degree!
How do degrees work on FutureLearn?
Which program and degree is this course part of?
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLtrainingdevelopment to talk about this course on social media.