Weekly study3 hours
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Stories are increasingly told across a variety of formats - books, comics, events, films, games and TV programmes. This is known as transmedia storytelling or multiplatform storytelling.
This course will help you tell compelling stories across multiple platforms.
We’ll look at examples such as The Avengers, The Matrix and Transformers - and put theory into practice, by retelling the popular fable, The Three Little Pigs, in a multiplatform format.
You’ll learn with Daniel H Byun - the film director also known as 변혁.
Over four weeks, we’ll ask:
- What is transmedia storytelling? And how does it differ from related ideas like media convergence and one source multi use (OSMU)?
- How do the key elements of character, plot and setting create a memorable story?
- What can we learn from folklore and traditional narratives?
- And how is storytelling in the digital age different from previous forms?
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- The students will explore the basic concepts of transmedia storytelling
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for anyone studying or working in media or marketing, who is interested in telling stories across multiple platforms.