Weekly study3 hours
Traveltech for Scotland - Getting Started with Travel Technology
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
This course will help you understand where digital technology can improve your customer’s experience. It follows the five elements of the travel customer journey: dreaming, planning, booking, experiencing and sharing.
To do this, Traveltech for Scotland have collaborated with international experts from the tourism and hospitality industry to develop the short learner videos and practical worksheets and tools.
By the end of this course, we hope you will be able to assess the travel technologies that you need and how they could be successfully applied to your unique business.
Recognise Travel Micro-moments - Recognise the ‘micro-moments’ that make up the travel customer journey: dreaming, planning, booking, experiencing and sharing. Understand how they apply to your tourism or hospitality business.
The Power of Traveltech - Understand the range of available travel technology solutions and the potential impact of technology on customer experience and in creating efficient business processes.
Your Traveltech Toolbox - Find and assess the use of travel technologies that could be applied to your unique tourism or hospitality business.
Date to be announced
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Define and recognise the micro-moments that make up your customers’ journey.
- Use a customer persona tool to refine your understanding of your customer.
- Assess technologies that will help you create dreaming moments for your customers.
- Assess internal processes and technology that meets your customers’ needs.
- Explore technologies which support your customers’ ability to book.
- Assess the use of technologies which could improve the efficiency or experience of your service/product.
- Assess technologies that could increase the quantity and quality of sharing moments you receive.
- Recognise and create an action plan to manage how critical uncertainties impact your business.
Who is the course for?
This course is for small, micro and medium sized businesses in the tourism, hospitality and leisure industries. We made this course so that it is useful for a wide range of businesses across these sectors. From the local fish and chip shop to the five star international hotel, this course aims to help you use digital technology to achieve your business goals. No pre-requisite knowledge is required.