Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Research and Prepare: Understand eCommerce Customers, Products, and Propositions
Discover and target your audience for selling online
It’s difficult to create a successful eCommerce site if you don’t know who your customer is. Without understanding your target audience, you won’t know what will work and what won’t.
On this course, you’ll discover how to select, segment, and target your market through creating personas. This will help you adapt your eCommerce business and marketing to better suit your customer and increase conversions.
Build customer personas to create a great eCommerce experience
To truly know your target customer and understand their problems and perspective, you need to create a buyer or customer persona. This will give you a representation of your typical customer and encompasses important characteristics to help you adapt to their needs.
You’ll learn how to build customer personas, what content to write for them, and why they are useful tools for eCommerce. This will give you a foundation to start thinking about customer propositions.
Understand how your customers engage with your product
As part of this course, you’ll look at how your customers find, and then engage with, your eCommerce store.
This will take you through creating the structure of your website as well as tips for the layout and content of your pages, specifically your product pages.
Learn to utilise ratings and reviews to drive sales
The idea of social proof has been used in marketing for decades, providing potential customers with proof that others are happy with a product and service, and leading to more conversions.
You’ll finish this course by looking specifically at ratings and reviews, why they’re so important, and how you can build your value proposition by actively collecting them.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore your customer, customer segments and their real needs
- Demonstrate how to plan advertising and marketing spend
- Improve your decision making, making better, cheaper and more effective decisions around marketing your eCommerce store
- Evaluate where your customers spend their time
- Produce persona-specific content that really speaks to your customers.
Who is the course for?
This course has been designed for anyone responsible for eCommerce in their organisation. If you’re new to the role, this is a great course to develop your expertise.
It’s also a good opportunity to upgrade your skills if you’re a small business owner looking to develop the eCommerce channel in your business.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join: