Weekly study10 hours
Understanding Consumer Cognition
Understand how effective advertising relates to consumer cognition
Describing how consumers make choices is fundamental to understanding consumer behaviour. Consumer cognition is a relevant aspect that will have an impact on consumer choice and behaviour.
This course will introduce the different aspects of consumer cognition. It will explore concepts such as perception, learning and attitudes.
It will also explore the relationship between consumer cognition and consumer patterns.
Finally, it will explore advertising, linking it to consumer cognition.
- Perceptual processes
- Cognitive and behavioural learning
- Attitudes and behaviour
- Consumer cognition and consumer patterns: brand knowledge, brand equity and brand extension
- Advertising psychology
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe perception
- Discuss the relationship between perception and consumer behaviour
- Apply the concept of perception to the consumer's perception of the marketing mix
- Evaluate the differences between cognitive and behavioural learning
- Discuss the different methods of measuring attitudes
- Discuss the relationship between consumer cognitions and consumer patterns
- Apply cognitive psychology to advertising
Who is the course for?
This course is for people seeking a better understanding of how consumers make choices and the links of advertising to consumer cognition.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.