Weekly study2 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 7 of 8
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Personal Trainer's Toolkit: Workplace Health and Safety in a Fitness Setting
Deliver best practices for workplace risk minimisation in your fitness business.
Work-related injuries, illnesses and deaths impose costs on employers, workers and the community. With this course you will explore practical strategies for safeguarding yourself and your clients whilst working as a fitness trainer.
You’ll identify the key elements of legislation for your location, as well as insurance and best practice procedures.
Understand your obligations
You’ll gain an understanding of the skills you will need in order to operate at the highest level of safety and security. You’ll also develop high-level strategies for responding to and mitigating the lasting impact of safety hazards or incidents.
To understand your responsibilities and duty of care as a fitness professional, we will explore how to identify risk management procedures, and also examine the planning and delivery options available to you in different settings.
Study alongside experts at CQUniversity
This course has been designed alongside the fitness industry by CQUniversity, Australia’s leading regional university.
You’ll increase your knowledge with project-based learning from specialists in the field, and build your confidence to expand your fitness business to an outdoor environment.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify strategies to implement workplace health and safety procedures and work instructions
- Identify ways to maintain the currency of safe work practices regarding workplace systems, equipment, and processes in own work area
- Reflect on strategies to manage your own levels of stress and fatigue according to workplace procedures
- Explain the workplace health and safety requirements to ensure safe work practices.
Who is the course for?
Fitness professionals who require an understanding of workplace health and safety requirements in a fitness setting.
Who developed the course?
CQUniversity is Australia’s leading regional university.
Our courses are designed alongside industry and many include hands-on, practical learning experiences and project-based learning. Our commitment to making real-world knowledge and skills accessible to all has seen us being awarded global recognition. We are ranked among the top 2% of Universities in the world.
World rankingTop 500Source: QS World University Rankings 2020
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends