Learn to adapt to rapidly changing learning environments as you develop the skills to focus your teaching practices on positively impacting individuals, schools, and communities with this online master’s degree in education.
Degree titleMaster of Contemporary Education
Total tuition fee$40,600 AUD
Hone your teaching practice to drive positive change
With the right skills and training, educators have the ability to unlock children’s potential in the classroom. On this Master’s degree, you’ll learn how to adapt to the rapidly changing learning environments and gain the skills you need to improve student outcomes.
You’ll advance your digital fluency and learn to lead and drive sustained pedagogical change to benefit your students.
Importantly, through this degree, you will design and implement a Change Project that will be relevant to your school and positively impact your community.
- 1-2 years
- 11 programs
- Start dates
- 17 Jul 2023 (apply by 26 Jun 2023)
- Fully online
What do I need to apply?
Educators with either an undergraduate qualification (not necessarily in education) or a Diploma in Education will automatically qualify for entry. Applicants with other qualifications/experience can also be considered.
For admission into this programme all applicants will be interviewed, this is your chance to get to know the programme team and ask any questions. You’ll meet Herbert, Anna, Truman, Tim or Dor, and in turn they’ll get to know you, and ensure our Master’s is the right fit for you. You can discuss your professional experience, your project (if you have an idea in mind already), your support (what you’d need from us and your personal support like colleagues, community, whānau etc.) and ask any questions that might be on your mind. We look forward to meeting you.
Applicants whose first language is not English must provide evidence of English language competence. This evidence may be in the form of:
- IELTS academic band score of 6.5 (overall), with no individual band less than 6.0.
- TOEFL – Internet-based (Score of 95 with a minimum writing score of 22) or Paper-based (score of 587 (TWE 4.5). Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) Minimum of 176 or Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) Minimum of 176.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic Overall score of 64 with no communicative skills score below 57.
Evidence of an academic qualification at level 7 or above, completed in a country where English is the main language (a) New Zealand, Australia, Canada, the Republic of Ireland, South Africa, the United Kingdom or the United States; and (b) the language of instruction was English).
Professional outputs or achievements in English language that can be evidence of competence equivalent to any of the above.
What are the learning outcomes?
- An understanding of emerging education challenges and how to address areas that need improvement
- The ability to understand and authentically respond to cultural and social change
- Skills to lead and drive sustained pedagogical change to improve student outcomes
- Digital fluency and the ability to effectively implement into your day-to-day teaching practice
What you’ll get as a degree student with FutureLearn
- Learn when you want by watching videos, reading articles, doing tests, and completing assignments online
- Join online discussions and collaborate with your peers in a virtual study group
- Enjoy discussions with feedback from expert educators
- Get full access to the university library, online resources and support
Want to know more?
At academyEX, we are on a mission to make education exactly what you need for the real-world challenges you want to solve. We do it differently so you can make a sustainable, impactful change on the world.Study at academyEX