Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course focused on the scientific study of internal mental processes. It introduced two key areas of cognitive psychology: reasoning and thinking and mental imagery. Students learned how to run an experiment, collect data, and understand the science behind memory and behaviour.
3 weeks, 4 hours per week
Dr Philip Quinlan
Reader, Department of Psychology
University of York
- Demonstrate an understanding of how the mind can be studied in a scientific way using experiments
- Develop your knowledge of the psychology of reasoning and thinking
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the psychology of mental imagery
- Perform a simple experiment in cognitive psychology
- Psychology as an experimental science.
- How to run an experiment in psychology
- How Psychology studies memory using experiments
- Key aspects of the Psychology of thinking and reasoning
- Key aspects of the Psychology of imagination and thinking visually
Issued on 1st November 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: