Duration 4 weeks
Weekly study 3 hours
Extra benefits From $74 Find out more
Gain skills to evaluate nutrition information and apply it to your own diet
This nutrition course will help you understand the scientific basis of human nutrition, and current nutrition concepts and controversies.
Each week you’ll look at a different theme:
• The makings of a ‘healthy diet’: Which components of your diet can promote wellbeing and reduce the risk of diseases?
• Why do we eat what we eat? What are the ‘drivers’ that influence our food choices?
• Food and disease: Can you really eat your way to health?
• Nutrition fads, myths and the plain truth: Are our genes to be blamed for our current nutritional habits?
What topics will you cover?
By the conclusion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the principle constituents of food, along with foods and dietary patterns that meet current UK based dietary recommendations and are associated with reduced risk of common chronic diseases.
- Understand and evaluate nutrition information, advertising, and news in the media.
- Apply nutrition knowledge to personal food choices and dietary patterns
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in nutrition courses or food and wellbeing.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLNutrition to talk about this course on social media.