Gain skills to evaluate nutrition information and apply it to your own diet
This nutrition course will help you understand the scientific basis of human nutrition, and current nutrition concepts and controversies.
Each week you’ll look at a different theme:
• The makings of a ‘healthy diet’: Which components of your diet can promote wellbeing and reduce the risk of diseases?
• Why do we eat what we eat? What are the ‘drivers’ that influence our food choices?
• Food and disease: Can you really eat your way to health?
• Nutrition fads, myths and the plain truth: Are our genes to be blamed for our current nutritional habits?
By the conclusion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the principle constituents of food, along with foods and dietary patterns that meet current UK based dietary recommendations and are associated with reduced risk of common chronic diseases.
- Understand and evaluate nutrition information, advertising, and news in the media.
- Apply nutrition knowledge to personal food choices and dietary patterns
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe components of a healthy diet
- Identify principles of healthy eating
- Apply principles learned to assess their own dietary intake
- Develop an understanding of good examples of evidence based research
- Calculate their own Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Explore the influences on food choice and eating behaviors
- Identify current nutrition controversies
- Discuss their own views on food and eating
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in nutrition courses or food and wellbeing.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLNutrition to talk about this course on social media.