Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course explored the meaning of heritage and its value. It focused on definitions of heritage; the guidelines and frameworks that apply to heritage; the impact of changes to the built environment, on local and global communities; and opportunities for engagement with heritage preservation and heritage studies.
2 weeks, 3 hours per week
Program Director (Bachelor), Architecture
Discipline Head, Urban and Environmental Planning
- Explain the meaning of heritage and its value.
- Discuss the guidelines and frameworks that apply to heritage in your local area.
- Evaluate the impact of changes, at all scales, to the built environment, on local and global communities.
- Investigate options for future engagement and career opportunities with heritage studies.
- Definitions of heritage in different built environment contexts
- Globally adopted heritage frameworks and guidelines
- Global case studies of different heritage challenges across different scales and how this impacts on local and global communities
- Recognising and acknowledging community values in policy and practice
- Levels of engagement and different career opportunities in heritage studies, preservation and conservation
- Prompts to pathways to find out more about getting involved
Issued on 19th April 2018
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: